Certified Secure Computer User (CSCU v2)
The purpose of the CSCU training is to provide individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to protect their information assets. This class will immerse students into an interactive environment where they will acquire a fundamental understanding of various computer and network security threats such as identity theft, credit card fraud, online banking phishing scams, virus and backdoors, emails hoaxes, sex offenders lurking online, loss of confidential information, hacking attacks and social engineering. More importantly, the skills learned from the class helps students take the necessary steps to mitigate their security exposure.
How you’ll benefit
This class will help you:
- Have a fundamental understanding of various computer and network security threats
- Prepare you for the CSCU exam
Why Attend with Current Technologies CLC
- Our Instructors are in the top 10%
- Our Lab has a dedicated 1 Gig Fiber Connection for our Labs
- Our Labs Run up to Date Code for all our courses
Upon completing this course, the student will be able to meet these objectives:
- Cloud Security
- Understand the need and importance of data security.
- Implement Operating System security measures on their computers.
- Understand Malware and its symptoms.
- Make an informed decision about choosing the antivirus which is most relevant to their needs.
- Understand the risks associated with different online activities.
- Understand why and how to secure web browsers.
- Identify safe websites.
- Safeguard against the threats associated with online social networking.
- Understand how to make their social networking accounts secure.
- Understand the threats associated with email communications and how to safeguard against them.
- Understand the threats to mobile devices and how to safeguard against them.
- Understand the threats associated with cloud accounts and how to safeguard against them.
- Make an informed decision about a cloud service provider which fulfills their requirements.
- Understand the various types of networks and the threats associated with them.
- Configure a home network.
- Make their networks secure.
- Understand the threats to data and the need for data backups.
- Backup and restore data on their computers.
- Destroy data permanently.
The job roles best suited to the material in this course are:
- This course is aimed at end users in order to educate them about the main threats to their data’s security. It also equips the students with the basic knowledge that helps them to keep their devices and data secure in daily life. It teaches basic techniques of being secure both online and offline.
AGE REQUIREMENTS AND POLICIES CONCERNING MINORS
- The age requirement for attending the training or attempting the CSCU exam is restricted to any candidate that is at least 13 years old.
- If the candidate is under the age of 13, they are not eligible to attend the official training or eligible to attempt the certification exam unless they provide the accredited training center (ATC) or EC-Council a written consent of their parent or their legal guardian and a supporting letter from their institution of higher learning. Only applicants from nationally accredited institutions of higher learning shall be considered.
- EC-Council reserves the right to impose additional restriction to comply with the policy. Failure to act in accordance with this clause shall render the authorized training center (ATC) in violation of their agreement with EC-Council. EC-Council reserves the right to revoke the certification of any person in breach of this requirement.
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge:
- End-user skills with Windows-based PCs
- Basic knowledge of computing concepts
Module 1: Introduction to Security
Module 2: Securing Operating Systems
Module 3: Malware and Antivirus
Module 4: Internet Security
Module 5: Security on Social Networking Sites
Module 6: Securing Email Communications
Module 7: Securing Mobile Devices
Module 8: Securing the Cloud
Module 9: Securing Network Connections
Module 10: Data Backup and Disaster Recovery