Microsoft Project 2019 Level 1
Microsoft Office Project
Welcome to Microsoft® Project 2019 Level 1. This course addresses the features of Microsoft’s Project application, which is specifically designed to address the needs of project managers in corporate environments.
You will benefit most from this course if you have at least some prior knowledge of project management procedures and practices. It is intended to support you in applying this knowledge through the use of Microsoft Project as a project management tool.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course. However, general computer user knowledge is assumed.
Any additional experience having worked with forms and/or databases will be helpful.
After completing this course, you will know how to:
- Navigate and understand the important features of the Microsoft Project environment
- Create a new project schedule from scratch
- Understand and work with task types, scheduling options, and task constraints
- Work with resources, including scheduling and assignment
- Manage the project schedule in accordance with the critical path and project baseline
- Print project views, dashboards, and various other kinds of reports
- Setting default options
- Exploring the Project Environment
Module 2: Starting a new project schedule
- Project schedule templates, calendars, and workflow
- Tasks, durations, and milestones
Module 3: Task types, effort-driven scheduling, and task constraints
- Task types
- Lag time and lead time
- Task constraints
Module 4: Working with resources
- Resource types
- Resource calendars
- Assigning resources
Module 5: Managing the project schedule
- The critical path and the project baseline
- The tracking Gantt chart and updating tasks
Module 6: Printing reports
- Views and dashboards
- Other reports