CCNP® Security Certification
CCNP Security Certification (click here)
Introducing the CCNP® Security certification program
Software and networking become more and more interconnected every day, creating ever greater need for robust, scalable security across all platforms—from networks to mobile devices. With intent-based networking, security teams can take advantage of automation to scale their security solutions. To capitalize on these opportunities, today’s security professionals need a broader range of skills and deeper focus in strategic technology areas. The CCNP Security certification program gives you exactly that breadth and depth.
We designed the CCNP Security certification to help you prove your skills in the ever-changing landscape of security technologies. The certification covers core technologies and a security focus area of your choice. You choose where you want to focus. You choose where to take your career.
Among the industry’s most widely recognized and respected certifications, CCNP sets you apart. It tells the world you know what you are doing. In addition, completing any CCNP certification exam earns you a Cisco® Specialist certification, so you get recognized for your accomplishments along the way.
Earning your CCNP Security certification
The CCNP Security certification program prepares you for today’s professional-level job roles in security technologies. One of the industry’s most respected certifications, CCNP validates the core knowledge you need while providing the flexibility to choose a focus area.
To earn CCNP Security, you pass two exams: a core exam and a concentration exam of your choice.
• The core exam, Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies v1.0 (350-701 SCOR), focuses on your knowledge of security infrastructure including network security, cloud security, content security, endpoint protection and detection, secure network access, visibility, and enforcements. You can prepare for this exam by taking the training course, Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR).
- The core exam is also the qualifying exam for CCIE Security certification. Passing this exam helps toward earning both of these certifications
• Concentration exams focus on emerging and industry-specific topics such as Cisco Firepower, identity services, email security, web security, VPNs, and automation.
You can prepare for concentration exams by taking corresponding Cisco training courses. Choose your CCNP Security concentration exam from these options:
- Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower (300-710 SNCF)
- Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (300-715 SISE)
- Securing Email with Cisco Email Security Appliance (300-720 SESA)
- Securing the Web with Cisco Web Security Appliance (300-725 SWSA)
- Implementing Secure Solutions with Virtual Private Networks (300-730 SVPN)
- Automating and Programming Cisco Security Solutions (300-735 SAUTO)