ILT, WEBEX, VIRTUAL
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to install and configure System Center 2012 Operations Manager. In addition this class will prepare the student for managing their 2012 Operations Manager infrastructure.
Who Should Attend
Upon completing this course, the student will be able to meet these objectives:
- Install Operations Manager 2012 and configure global and Management Server spe-cific settings.
- Utilize Resource Pools for high availability.
- Navigate the Operations Manager Console and Web Console.
- Perform both automated and manual agent installation on managed systems.
- Import and export management packs.
- Configure Rules, Events, Monitors and Tasks.
- Configure Reporting and create reports.
- Monitor workstations and servers using Agentless Monitoring and Agentless Excep-tion Monitoring.
- Configure and manage Audit Collection Services.
- Create Synthetic Transactions.
- Create Distributed Applications.
- Multi-home an agent.
- Configure a Gateway server for monitoring untrusted environments.
- Configure communication between management groups.
- Migrate from Operations Manager 2007 to 2012 Operations Manager.
This course is intended for IT professionals with basic Windows Server, Active Directory and network configuration and management experience.
- Familiarity with PC hardware and devices.
- Experience supporting Windows-based systems.
- Basic experience authoring and editing batch and script files.
- Experience reviewing Windows application and service logs.
- Experience configuring or supporting distributed application environments.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 operating system and network configuration.
- Working Knowledge of Active Directory.
Module 1: Overview of System Center 2012 Operations Manager
- Operations Manager Introduction and Basic Concepts
- What’s New in 2012 Operations Manager
- System Requirements
Module 2: Installing the 2012 Operations Manager Infrastructure
- Active Directory Integration
- SQL Server Configuration
- Security Considerations
- Operations Manager Deployment Scenarios
- Installing Operations Manager 2012
Module 3: Navigating Operations Manager
- Operations Manager Console Overview
- Customizing the Operations Manager Console
- Securing the Operations Manager Console
- Operations Manager Web Console Overview
Module 4: Global Management Group Settings and Notifications
- Connected Management Groups and Management Services
- Configuring Global Management Group Settings
- Overriding Global Management Group Settings
- Creating Notifications
Module 5: Installing and Configuring Agents
- Agent Installation Prerequisites
- Agent Installation Methods
- Managing Agent Settings
Module 6: Management Packs
- Management Pack Overview
- Pre-Installed Management Packs
- Importing and Exporting Management Packs
- Management Pack Authoring
Module 7: Operations Manager Monitoring
- Monitoring Overview
- Types of Monitors
- Network Monitoring
Module 8: Monitoring without Agents
- Agentless Monitoring
- Agentless Exception Monitoring
Module 9: Operations Manager Reporting
- Installing SQL Reporting Services
- Installing Operations Manager Reporting
- Creating, Viewing and Customizing Reports
Module 10: Operations Manager Audit Collection Services
- Overview of ACS
- Installing and Configuring ACS
- Forwarders and Collectors
- ACS on non-Windows Systems (Unix/Linux)
Module 11: Synthetic Transactions
- Synthetic Transactions Overview
- Creating Synthetic Transactions
Module 12: Distributed Applications
- Distributed Applications Overview
- Design and Creation of Distributed Applications
Module 13: Monitoring Complex Environments
- Management Groups and Multihomed Agents
- Gateway Servers and Untrusted Environments
Module 14: Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Backup Overview and Planning
- Configuring and Performing Backups
- Recovery Planning