CompTIA Security+ Certification
ILT, VIRTUAL/WEBEX, ON-SITE
The CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Why is it different?
- More choose Security+ – chosen by more corporations and defense organizations than any other certification on the market to validate baseline security skills and for fulfilling the DoD 8570 compliance.
- Security+ proves hands-on skills – the only baseline cybersecurity certification emphasizing hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of today’s complex issues.
- More job roles turn to Security+ to supplement skills – baseline cybersecurity skills are applicable across more of today’s job roles to secure systems, software and hardware.
- Security+ is aligned to the latest trends and techniques – covering the most core technical skills in risk assessment and management, incident response, forensics, enterprise networks, hybrid/cloud operations, and security controls, ensuring high-performance on the job.
Who Should Attend
- Preparing for the Security+ Exam SY0-601
- Those wanting to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics
- CompTIA Network+ certification, and have acquired 24 months of experience in networking support and IT administration.
We also recommend the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Able to use Windows to create and manage files and use basic administrative features (Explorer, Control Panel and Management Consoles).
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as OSI Model, topology, Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches and routers).
- Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols and troubleshooting tools.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify strategies developed by cyber adversaries to attack networks and hosts and the countermeasures deployed to defend them.
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
- Install and configure network- and host-based security technologies.
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
- Summarize application and coding vulnerabilities and identify development and deployment methods designed to mitigate them.
Lesson 1: Comparing and Contrasting Attacks
Lesson 2: Comparing and Contrasting Security Controls
Lesson 3: Assessing Security Posture with Software Tools
Lesson 4: Explaining Basic Cryptography Concepts
Lesson 5: Implementing a Public Key Infrastructure
Lesson 6: Implementing Identity and Access Management Controls
Lesson 7: Managing Access Services and Accounts
Lesson 8: Implementing a Secure Network Architecture
Lesson 9: Installing and Configuring Security Appliances
Lesson 10: Installing and Configuring Wireless and Physical Access Security
Lesson 11: Deploying Secure Host, Mobile, and Embedded Systems
Lesson 12: Implementing Secure Network Access Protocols
Lesson 13: Implementing Secure Network Applications
Lesson 14: Explaining Risk Management and Disaster Recovery Concepts
Lesson 15: Summarizing Secure Application Development Concepts
Lesson 16: Explaining Organizational Security Concepts
CompTIA Security+ Certification